Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

sneaky peek!


Been working hard this week so far, making bits and pieces to showcase at a fair this coming Saturday. As well as making some old popular favourites that usually sells well, I'm putting out some new goodies to see how they do and gauge people's response to them


I made a series of jewellery pieces using what I think is an unusual method where I collect images of jewellery and sometimes pictures of pieces from magazines and then  using a specific method I will later share another day, transfer the actual cutting to the fabric.

After rubbing away the magazine paper and a thin protective layer across the newly revealed image, you are left with a funky little piece which is then mounted on card and stiff felt, is pretty durable!

Taking images of expensive designer jewellery we mortals cannot afford and turning them into little fabric version to wear I think is a pretty nifty way to beat the recession, save some monies and gain plenty of swagger and style!


Kawaii Kitty brooch! You can also wear this as a necklace!



"I heart Make-up" heart brooch...with all those individual little gems I stuck on by hand that took forever!



Earrings - I love this so much! 


Rain dance Brooch - just makes me smile and so ridiculously cute!


Sweetheart earrings - those bows...those little gems!

What do you think of this little sneaky snippet? You can see more on my instagram - click the icon on the right hand column of my blog!


ps - loving the sparkly card....can't get enough sparkles at the moment!

Birdie Love
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can find my post here: http://meetmeatthebookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/the-liebster-award.html I hope you accept it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh awesome! no way! thanks very very much! xxx

      Delete
  2. Was SO lovely to meet you yesterday!! Was a great day! :)
    Rach x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. brilliant to see you too!!! you and your mum made the day totally awesome! x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Comments that are deemed rude/nasty will be taken down so play nice! XOXO