Pages

Monday 5 August 2013

What on my headphones of late!

Despite being deaf, I can actually hear music well enough. I might not hear what you may hear, I seem to hear more of the Bass and the beats and the lower ranges of the scores. There may be some genres of music that I cannot deal well with (hardcore metal! extreme rap!) but overall, I actually love listening to music on my laptop and going through Youtube to watch the music videos made with the lyrics so I can understand and follow the timing and flow of the song.

Because of this disability, I kinda gathered a wide taste of music that perplexes and baffles people. I think nothing of going from Opera to Rap then to Celtic Folk  then to Trance in a heartbeat.

At the moment, I got these songs on the go blasting through my headphones...and think maybe you too might like them!


Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
I been searching for this song for years and recently heard it again in the movie "Kick Ass"
Lyric-wise, this song is rather appropriate for me at times, where it simply states we are all crazy and to think twice in life eve when enjoying it.

Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
I love this music video...this man is amazing and sadly died before his time I say. this video is lovingly out together - watch the video towards the end, it shows Iz's funeral and man, what a fantastically happy funeral it is! Everyone lining the beaches, cheering and celebrating and swimming in the sea with wreaths of flowers...even the people spreading his ashes into the sea were smiling...i mean, what a man to have that affect on people even in death!
Total respect


MGNT - Electric Feel
My good friend Cherie introduced this to me and in my mind, it's "our " song of crazy girl nights out and cocktails and drinking beer out of buckets...that catchy bass just gets to you...and the video is so surreal you have to watch it!

Pras featuring Ol' Dirty Bastard and introducing Mya - Ghetto Superstar

Spot the Hollywood Actress in the music vid! I sang this song through secondary school and it stayed with me to this very day! I sadly use to sing my own version to my Crested Geckos...something along the lines of "Gecko Superstar..." I'll leave you to imagine the rest!


Chamillionaire - Ridin'
 I only heard this song one but I will forever remember its prodigal off-spring being the next video down...

"Weird Al" Yankovic - White and Nerdy

Love the Video, especially with the cameos from Seth Green and Donny Osmond's hilarious dancing! Total credit for Al for putting his own wonderful spins on popular songs!


Meatloaf - Los Angeloser
I love the Meatloaf - you have to love Meatloaf in my house! My brother and I rocked out to "Bat out of Hell" at a tender age...hell, my brother did Bat out of Hell on the Karaoke at the age of six...and nailed it!
This song from his album "Hang Loose Teddy Boy" which I still for some reason not bought, is the most catchiest of late!

Tito and Tarantula - House that Love built

One of the first "proper" movies I loves as a child was Desparado with Antonio Banderas...man I love this film to death and it sparked my love for Tarantino films. Tito and Tarantula actually appear in many of Tarantino's movies where he can get them in! Along with Danny Trejo (love that man!) and Steve Buschemi...just keep an eye out for the same familiar band of faces!


Taken By Trees - Sweet Child of Mine

Made popular by the John Lewis christmas advert one year, I dont have much time for recovers of classic hits and I'm very protective of  "Sweet Child Of Mine"...it's my anthem! I have to dance to it where ever I am (and I have once in a swimming pool!)
But this cover is actually very nice, gentle and easy to listen and take in whilst losing none of that wonderful energy....makes me want to learn the piano just to play this!



Eurythmics - Thorn in my Side

I love Annie Lennox and think she is such an under-credited singer...i mean, the energy and spirit this woman has! This song is catchy with me at the moment...think its the chorus with all those "Run, Run, Run, Run's" in!


Depache Mode - Angel

I dont know how it happened but Depache Mode slipped me by in life until this year. I found myself knowing many of their hits without realising it!
I discovered this from being the closing credit song to my current favourite game "Injustice - Gods Amongst Us" featuring DC Heroes and Villians (Play it!). I actually watch the closing credit video on Youtube as I think its well timed with the animation of the characters being smashed and beaten up!
I always play as my beloved Catwoman and pleased to say I'm no longer a button basher on this game - much! Though I think people are sick of lending their phones for me to play it and I'm pretty sure I'm close to being banned from the local gaming store from playing their in-store demo!


Enjoy!

Let me know what is your favourite song tracks at the moment are!

Birdie love
xxx






1 comment:

  1. SO rad that you can enjoy such great music. I love Israel Kamakawiwo. I am currently learning one of his songs on my ukulele.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Comments that are deemed rude/nasty will be taken down so play nice! XOXO