Pages

Friday 5 April 2013

Hobbycraft

Recently I had the rare pleasure of coming across a Hobbycraft in Bristol...now for those who don't know...Hobbycraft is basically a huge store dedicated to all things crafty and all the bits you would need to complete your various projects


 I have a small weakness for little railway people and trees..something about them being so small and off scale yet perfect in details just has me weak in the knees! I wnated these trees but didn't get them...I mean, there's not a lot i can do with small railway trees just yet!


 A lot of shiny stuff too for all the magpies out there! A nice selection of jewellery making stuff to get started with and build your collection.



 A shout out to those I know who love drawing comics...Hobbycraft now stocks a nice array of manga and comic pens and inks. Nice to see they are moving with the trends!

 

I love around the store, they show local artists' works to not only demonstrate the products and things you could do yourself but also, more importanly the local talents which is great! Loving the "superman vs the Hulk style painting!"



I picked up a few bits I have been either wanting for a while or was tempted by...like that t-rex cookie cutter! Can't wait to use it!
 Got some gloss medium gel for painting but its also an excellent transfer agent and I use it a lot to transfer magazine images and the likes onto fabrics.   A felting needle as the singular needle i had was lacking some oomph! This baby got three! A rather cool snap frame you can build to whatever size you like and stretch the fabric across to sew into...think of a lego-build-your-ownembroidery hoop! I seen this at the craft group I go to and wanted one for a while so I'm please to get this! And finally some various sized oval embroidery hoops for a project coming up I have in mind for my bedroom! Hopefully I shall share with you soon!



...plus there's nothing better than the rare chance to bring home a box of krispy kremes too....!


The great thing is Plymouth is getting a hobbycraft soon, which will be only 5 minutes from my house! yay! We use to have one in the city but at the start of the recession, It was forced to close so now an even bigger one is coming back....excellent! Can't wait!

Feel free to visit the hobbycraft website here


Where do you go for your art and craft supplies?

Birdie Love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Comments that are deemed rude/nasty will be taken down so play nice! XOXO